Named by Time.com’s @Techland as one of the best weather apps for Your iPhone. And now the first app to give you severe weather alerts for your Apple Watch.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Many other products still use county-based alerts (meaning you’d get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
- Get NOAA alerts via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
- With Storm Shield’s Apple Watch extension get a tap on your wrist any time severe weather alerts are issued for your locations.
- Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
- Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what’s going on at your current and saved locations.
- Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
- See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
- See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
- Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
- School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
- View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
- Severe weather forecasts in the app. Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
- Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.