Stunning hi-definition animated real-time futurecast radar images with snowfall and lightning strikes on a fluid responsive map that loads faster than any other app in the App Store. Now available for Apple Watch! Get notified whenever it’s about to rain at any of your bookmarked locations. See weather forecast, severe weather warning boxes, clickable storm direction arrows with details, clickable hurricane forecast tracks, wildfires, and current drought severity on the same map!
Get optimized driving directions from within the app to avoid bad weather during trips!
This is the only app that shows both past and future-cast radar in full color seamlessly in one continuous loop, giving you maximum information with minimal effort.
Plus, this is the only app that allows you to control the loop speed, and also choose the interval between individual frames from 5 minutes all the way to 1 hr, and also change the number of frames shown in animation.
See recent wildfire locations with hourly updates and detailed information on the same map. This is the only app in the App Store that provides this feature.
Plus, this is the only app that automatically augments land-based radar images with latest images from NOAA satellites covering the Atlantic/Pacific oceans into one single screen. This lets you track and follow the upcoming hurricanes and storms all from the same map.
Easily bookmark multiple locations, so you can do a quick radar + forecast check for all your important places in just a few seconds.
Share radar screenshots via email or Facebook and Twitter, or send a quick weather postcard to loved ones.
- Install and go, no complex setup
- Sharp images even on retina displays (when zoomed upto a certain point)
- Fast Loading
- Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered
- RadarCast – our proprietary realtime future-cast technology that lets you see radar one hour into the future
- Check the current weather + forecast for any point on the map
- Severe weather warning boxes on the map
- Storm Tracks on the map with detailed storm information
- Hurricane Forecast Tracks on the map
- Wildfire locations on map with detailed information and firefighting updates
- US Drought severity map
- Bookmark multiple locations for quick access
- Send radar screenshots to friends easily via email or social media
- Send weather postcards to friends easily via email or social media
- Intuitive Play/pause/manual modes for moving between frames.
- Always shows both time-stamp and “minutes ago” with each frame to prevent any confusion while viewing the loop
- Select opacity of radar images to your taste
- Read Area Forecast Discussions issued by your nearest NWS forecast office
- Check your local radar site’s hardware operational status from within the app
- See images from up to 6 hours ago by increasing frame interval and number of frames to maximum
- Get fast support from within the app
- Coverage Notes: If you live in a very-high-altitude town in Colorado (e.g. Fraser, Vail, Aspen), most likely this app will not meet your needs since radar beams get blocked by the tall mountains. Alaska coverage includes only the southern coastal areas, and does not include the Aleutian Chain. Also cloud coverage does not include Alaska and Guam.
- Note: This app is only useful for users in the US, including all 50 states and territories including Puerto Rico and Guam.